Monday 20 August 2012


  Do good; get good!!



              This is a time when i realised that yes!! i can do something.. something that will boost up my me self- respect and give me self- satisfaction..
Now let me tell you what this feeling was all about.. this is not about work or being independent.. It's not about being bold or the one with high attitude...It's all about being oneself and handling things within ur capability. The only thing that can give you utter self satisfaction is helping people to overcome their problem and make them feel at ease..This was the thing that happened with me a year ago....
A child in a coaching class; where i used to teach a year ago, a very simple dressed, dark, cute little boy;
with hair combed neatly and shirt tucked in tight, platted pants and with a typical hairstyle of a Benaras boy,was not able to understand what was being taught in class...And to my surprise, he didn't even know how to read simple words.. When asked anything, he kept silent, not uttering a single word.. And this was the time i realized that i need to do something for this child..
Days passed by and so did years.. and I;  as decided helped the child in all ways i could..
Later when the child felt really comfortable with me which he initially wasn't; he started sharing with me his problems about parental issues, his mother; who was mentally not in a state to nurture the child due to some heath problems and about his little sister who was just a year old..
                                 The boy was in Fifth class then and would be of age around 10...
He always said: ( 'miss' here refers to a teacher) " miss, meri mummy pagal jaisa bartav karti hai", "miss meri mummy mujhe maarti hai", "miss, meri mummy meri chooti behen ko khana nahi deti"..
These were tragic things that the child went through.. Now here i was in a great mess and couldn't help the child.. This was a wierd situation for me and i din't understand how should i react to the it..
I felt sorry for him and always thought that he should have patience to let go things..
I tried every little thing to keep the little chap happy... he mingled with me so well that he loved comming to tution and spending time playing, studying, sharing things....In the due course of time even i felt good that someone because of me is happy and living life to the fullest... There were times when the child shared some really blood-curdling family issues with me.. Initially i had always heard of things where the Ghost enters a human soul.. But the child had practically seen it happening with his mother... Now this is jaw-dropping, isn't it?... And....
Then came a time, I left teaching and got busy with my academics. No contacts, no teachers, no students, no Pinto..Pinto was the name of the same,  little cute Benarasi boy.. And to my surprise, when i started teaching again now; after 3 years, he is now in class 8th , really serious about studies, tall, and with the same peculiar look  but does'nt recognise me..  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment